Opsite Post-Op provides an impermeable barrier against bacteria, including MRSA (in-vitro), to reduce the risk of surgical site infection. In a 300 patient study on orthopedic patients Onsite Post-Op was found to cause significantly less blistering when compared to another film plus pad dressing or non-woven dressing.
Being associated with fewer wound complications may lead to a shortened hospital stay and reduction in associated treatment cost. Onsite Post-Op offers a significantly longer wear time when compared with non-woven or passive dressings. The film has a unique molecular structure which gives a high MVTR. This allows unwanted moisture to transpire. The pack contains 20 dressings. Measures 9.5 cm length by 8.5 cm width.
- Vital protection against serious consequences
- Reduces the risk of surgical site infection
- Provides a barrier against bacteria
- Reduces occurrence of lifting or snagging
- High moisture vapor transmission rate