Diomed Dry Skin – clinically proven, high performance emollient for problem dry skin including eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis.
The natural oils in healthy skin form a protective barrier which keeps moisture in and irritants out.
People with dry skin conditions, such as eczema, dermatitis or psoriasis, can have a shortage of these natural oils. The end result is dry, chapped, flaky skin which is more prone to irritation.
Diomed Dry Skin combines the high emollient oil content of a cream with the easy absorption of a gel. It also contains a humectant in the form of glycerol. This combination helps soften, moisturise and protect the skin by trapping moisture and restoring its natural protective barrier.
Diomed Dry Skin’s innovative gel formulation breaks down when it comes in to contact with natural salts in the skin; meaning it’s easily absorbed in to the stratum corneum (top layer of skin) and provides a lasting, protective barrier of oils, even after gentle washing.
Using Diomed Dry Skin
- Diomed Dry Skin is a long-lasting, high-performance emollient that can be used as often as required. But, as with emollients generally, it works best if you apply it frequently.
- Simply smooth onto dry skin, in the direction of hair growth to avoid blocking hair follicles.
- Don’t rub it into your skin vigorously, as this can cause additional irritation.
- For best results use every day, even when skin is not irritated; making sure you don’t just concentrate on problem areas. This will help make sure your skin stays in good condition.
- It’s also a good idea to apply Diomed Dry Skin immediately after a bath or shower, as this helps trap moisture in the skin. Just make sure you pat (don’t rub) your skin dry before application, as rubbing can cause irritation.